CLERGY CODE OF ETHICS FOR AOCI CREDENTIALS
Serving G-d as an ordained clergy with the Association of Clergy International – A.O.C.I. is not a right but a privilege that requires certain responsibilities, standards of conduct, lifestyle, and servant attitudes.
- AOCI Clergy will ensure that their conduct at all times reflects the fact that they are in the service to our LORD and His people (Gal 5:22-26) (Phil 4:8) (Phil 2:3-8).
- AOCI Clergy will not link the AOCI with any commercial enterprise, political parties, or other activities that may cause the AOCI to be held in disrepute and bring reproach to AOCI.
- AOCI Clergy will not use their position for personal gain, to exploit those they serve, or the Association of Clergy International - AOCI. (1 Pet 5:2-4)
- AOCI Clergy will avoid acts of a sinful nature (Gal 5:19-21). However, the AOCI adheres to and understands that there is “Liberty in the non-essentials” and will NEVER seek to control or manipulate its credentialed members. Every AOCI Clergy man and woman has a right to exercise their personal biblical freedom in their ministry and to themselves.
- AOCI Clergy will respectfully submit to the authority of the AOCI Executive Board, NOT as a means of pride, control, or manipulation, but rather to willfully submit and give honor where honor is due to those who pray for you, seek to act in the best interest for you and your ministry, offer biblical counsel and truly seek to guide, bless and serve as godly leadership. Since we seek the greater good, the AOCI at times choose to refer its clergy to the appropriate professionals when the situation is beyond the professional competency of the clergy and its leadership.
- AOCI Clergy will seek to grow through regular prayer, bible study, and fellowship. (2 Tim 2:15) (Acts 6:4).
- AOCI Clergy are to maintain the utmost confidentiality to those they counsel in accordance with scriptural guideline, principles, and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the clergy man or women serves.
- AOCI Clergy are expected to faithfully honor their obligation to prayerfully and financially support through Renewals. (Matt 5:37)(Acts 5:3-4). Since the AOCI is a faith based ministry, we ask that you also prayerfully consider occasional free will love offerings.
- The AOCI DOES NOT support homosexual marriage. Clergy agrees not to perform any homosexual blessings, unions or marriages (Romans 1:27). Any credentialed minister found to be engage in such unbiblical practice will be immediately removed from the scroll of Credential membership.