"Importance of Forgiveness" Program Agenda - Session 4 - July 12, 2020
1. Open each session with prayer; asking God to open your understanding as to the areas in your life which needs to be healed and give you understanding of each session. The goal of each session is to help you to heal everywhere you need to be healed so you can become whole.
2. Discussion (30 min):
“Importance of Forgiveness”- Part II
- Who are we fighting against according to Ephesians 6:12? According to Ephesians 6:12, “We do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
- Name Satan’s major strongholds which he uses to make up his principalities. Satan’s major strongholds (weapons he uses against us) are bitterness, self-bitterness, jealousy and envy, rejection, fear, unbelief and the occult. These weapons are used to build Satan’s principalities which millions of demons (powers) make up.
- Where does a negative thought come from? Accusing spirits
- Receiving Forgiveness – Part 2A (From Session 2): Receiving Forgiveness – Part 2A: Before Jesus died, there were two conditions to receiving forgiveness: we must forgive others and we must ask God to forgive us. Now, since Jesus took our sins, we still need to forgive, but God has already forgiven us; this is not an excuse not to forgive.
- Definition of Bitterness – Part 2B: Bitterness is an extreme form of anxiety and stress which affects every organ in our bodies. Most organic diseases (one which involves or affects physiology or bodily organs. A disease in which there is a physiological change to some tissue or organ of the body) are tied to bitterness, including cancer. All of the auto-immune diseases are tied to self-bitterness; bitterness also drives divorce, heart disease and digestive problems.
- How Many Times to Forgive? – Part 2B-1: Jesus taught us to forgive 70 x 7 = 490 times in 24 hours (Matthew 18:22). The principle is that forgiveness needs to be an ingrained attitude, occurring naturally all of the time. Forgiveness should be as automatic as breathing - and just as important. The Kingdom of God is not a democracy; we don’t get to vote on how the rules are written.
- What are the results of unforgiveness? – Part 2B-1: First, we will be in disobedience to Jesus, because He tells us to forgive. Matthew was a part of the Old Testament Law, but now, God will forgive our sins because Jesus took our sins upon Himself. But we still want to forgive others (Matthew 6:12). Secondly, the person will be turned over to the tormentors (Matthew 18:34). This is serious. Who are the tormentors? Evil spirits. Some people consider evil spirits to be imaginary, but the Bible teaches that they are very real and they cause tremendous suffering. Bitterness causes torment mentally, emotionally and physically which causes diseases to manifest in your body. When we don't forgive, we are giving the devil a place in our lives. The enemy has no more authority over us, than we give him. If we don’t obey the Word, that gives him a legal right to touch us. We have to rebuke the enemy, when he tries to bring to our minds, what people has done to us, then and only then will he flee! Thirdly, the person is held in bondage to the memories and pain caused by the bitterness. Bitterness cause the person to constantly remember what has happened to him/her and these memories control their lives. Jesus has set us free from all this now, but we must accept what He HAS done for us; otherwise, we will remain in bondage - we must know who we are in Christ. Jesus died for ALL of mankind, but mankind has to accept Jesus, to live in peace.
3. Handout: NONE
5. Close each session in prayer; asking God to continue to reveal the areas in you which needs to healed and the things you need to deal with.
“Importance of Forgiveness” First Teaching – June 21, 2020 - S1
“Importance of Forgiveness” Second Teaching – June 28, 2020 – S2
“Importance of Forgiveness” Third Teaching – July 5, 2020 – S3
Click Here for PDF Version S4 7-12-2020
God's blessings to you all and your families, and have a blessed week in God. May God renew you this week in whatever way you need to be renewed, in Jesus' Mighty Name, Amen!
Dr Dorothy E. Hooks
Click here to read copyright information
NOTE: These materials are copyright protected therefore you must request permission to reproduce any part of this material. To request permission, please contact Dr. Dorothy E. Hooks: firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Art Mathias: https://akwellspring.com/contact-us/.