Cottonwood Care Center – Brighton, Colorado
Sunday Sermon, 09/05/2010
by Chaplain Janet Marston
TURN TO JESUS
All of us have times of pain and trouble throughout our lives. Trouble can come at any moment and we can, at times, feel overwhelmed or even helpless. You may even feel that there is no way out or that you cannot possibly get through what you are going through. And, sometimes, you may even ask “Why me, Lord? What did I do to deserve this?” Well, sometimes there is no answer why. And, sometimes we get what we deserve, and sometimes, we don’t deserve anything we get. But there is help. There is someone you can turn to no matter what happens.
Do you have health problems, financial problems, or even family problems that cause you to hurt? No matter what hurts, no matter what the problem is, our Lord Jesus is here for you. Jesus is here for the hurting. Jesus is here for you.
I encourage you to turn your life over to Jesus today. Who can take better care of you than the One who created you and loves you the most? Jesus loves you just the way you are. Jesus made you on purpose. You are His child and He wants to help you and save you. Jesus is on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and He never takes a vacation. You can call on Jesus in the middle of the night or early in the morning. You can call on Jesus anytime. Jesus loves you and wants you to call on Him. He will never put you on hold or ask you to call back later. Jesus will always answer when you call on Him.
His love is greater than any love you can ever imagine. Jesus loves you so much that He paid the price for your sins. Jesus loves you so much that He took on extreme pain and hurt just to make sure that you will have eternal live and live forever in Heaven. And, in Heaven, there will be no more sorrow, no more pain, no more hurt. You will be filled with joy and happiness and will be in the presence of the One True Almighty God forever and ever. What a glorious time it will be when my Jesus comes for me!
PRAYER: JESUS, HERE I AM. I WANT YOU TO BE MY LORD AND SAVIOR. TAKE ME JUST AS I AM, I TURN EVERYTHING OVER TO YOU. I GIVE YOU ALL OF MY HEART AND SOUL, ALL OF MY LIFE. I WANT TO LIVE WITH YOU IN HEAVEN, FOREVER. JESUS, THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM MY SINS. PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY PAIN AND HURT. HELP ME TO BE STRONG AND TO ALWAYS TURN TO YOU, MY PRECIOUS LORD. AMEN.
2 SAMUEL 22:47 (KJV)
(47) The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
JOHN 3:16 (KJV)
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
ROMANS 8:1-2, 38-39 (KJV)
(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
(39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.