"Uniting Christian & Jewish Clergy from Around the World"
Added by Dr. Dorothy E. Hooks, PsyD on March 31, 2014 at 11:14pm — No Comments
Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are
(Anthelme Brillat-Savarin was born on April 1, 1755; French lawyer, politician and writer, 1755-1826)
Act 11:5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a…
Added by Dr. Eric Aschendorf, DD,DCS on March 31, 2014 at 10:36pm — No Comments
God will so use unlikely and ordinary persons if they are willing . Consider how God reached Naaman through '' a little maid '' ( 2 Kings 5:2 ) . God used Ananias to lead Paul (Acts 9:10-18 ) . The Bible is full of how God used faithful, willing, ordinary folk. Today, God still is using people like you and me to touch and change lives through His grace if we'll allow Him in our lives . God Bless you all your Family and your Ministry.
Added by Pastor Michael M Sherrod Th.M DD on March 31, 2014 at 8:05pm — No Comments
WOULD YOU ALSO REJECT HIS WILL?
"`This is what the LORD says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.' Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, `Remember, O LORD, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.' And Hezekiah wept bitterly" (2 Kings 20:1-3 NIV).
King Hezekiah of Judah was unique out of the other kings of Judah. While…Continue
Added by Pastor Bayo Afolaranmi on March 31, 2014 at 4:34am — No Comments
He missed an invaluable opportunity to hold his tongue.
(Andrew Lang was born on March 31, 1844; Scots poet, novelist, literary critic, and contributor to the field of anthropology)
Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father…
Added by Dr. Eric Aschendorf, DD,DCS on March 30, 2014 at 11:38pm — No Comments
Added by Jacob Eagle Heart on March 30, 2014 at 11:16pm — No Comments
Kingdom Keys: The “Looking Glass”
Often times, you can get off track on your journey of achieving maximum achievement in the Kingdom of God when you fail to stop using the “Looking Glass”. This happens when you allow the “Looking Glass Self” to prevail as a means to self-identify your purpose and destiny.
If you are allowing family, friends, co-workers, and yourself to determine who you are, where you are going, and how you are going to get there; you are still experiencing the…Continue
Added by Donna Ghanney on March 30, 2014 at 8:49am — No Comments
But I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.
(Vincent van Gogh was born on March 30, 1853; Dutch painter, one of the greatest of the Post-Impressionists, 1853-1890)
Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world…
Added by Dr. Eric Aschendorf, DD,DCS on March 29, 2014 at 10:25pm — No Comments
The Greek grasped the present moment, and was the artist; the Jew worshipped the timeless spirit, and was the prophet
(Isaac Mayer Wise was born on March 29, 1819; American rabbi whose goal of uniting American Jewry made him the greatest organizer of Reform Jewish institutions in the United States. 1819-1900)…
Added by Dr. Eric Aschendorf, DD,DCS on March 28, 2014 at 9:58pm — No Comments
Added by Rev. William Griffith on March 28, 2014 at 1:30pm — No Comments
God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs.
(Spencer W. Kimball was born on March 28, 1895; American , 1895-1985)
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Php 4:14 …
Added by Dr. Eric Aschendorf, DD,DCS on March 27, 2014 at 10:18pm — No Comments
Added by Pr.Paddick Van Zyl on March 27, 2014 at 4:30pm — No Comments
Principles related to Figures of Speech:
1. Every passage has only one meaning to discover. Sometimes the meaning is addressed directly, and sometimes it is stated indirectly through figures of speech.
2. The interpreter should assume that a passage uses a non-figurative language unless this assumption creates an absurdity or the general context indicates otherwise.
3. The BIble may overstate a truth in the physical realm to help the reader grasp a spiritual…Continue
Added by Rev D Andrew Sands on March 27, 2014 at 11:05am — No Comments
Principles related to individual words and grammar:
1. The meaning of any Bible term is only the one the original author intended.
2. The definition of any term must be consistent with its use in the phrase in which it is found.
Principles related to Immediate and Book contexts:
1. The mean8ing of a phrase must be consistent with the sense of its immediate context.
2. The interpretation of a passage must be consistent with its usen the…Continue
Added by Rev D Andrew Sands on March 27, 2014 at 10:48am — No Comments
Presuppositions about the Task of the Interpreter:
1. The preaching and teaching of the Word of God, correctly interpreted, is crucial to maintaining a biblically sound church.
2. There are universally accepted laws of understanding communication that apply to the interpretation of the Bible as well.
3. The ONLY valid interpretation and application of the BIble passage must be consistent with the writer's original intent.
4. All principles and…Continue
Added by Rev D Andrew Sands on March 27, 2014 at 10:36am — No Comments
1. Thou shalr not seek any interpretation other than the one intended by the original author.
2. Thou shalt not replace the Word of God with personal experiences, church creeds, or human traditions.
3. Thou shalt not misuse the names of the Bible by dogmatically calling any doctrine Biblical that is not clearly taught in Scripture.
4. Remember Sunday to keep it for prayer and final thoughts on the sermon. Six days are available to prepare for Sunday's…Continue
Added by Rev D Andrew Sands on March 27, 2014 at 10:23am — No Comments
Even good things can hurt you if you do them to the point of neglecting family, friends, or other interests.
(June Wilkinson was born on March 27, 1940; an English model and actress, known for her appearances in Playboy magazine and in films of the 1960s)
Exo 18:13 And it came…
Added by Dr. Eric Aschendorf, DD,DCS on March 26, 2014 at 10:36pm — No Comments
Added by Rev. William Griffith on March 26, 2014 at 12:42pm — No Comments
Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: (MATT 4:5-6)
The anointing, God's grace and favor aren't just a privilege, but a huge responsibility. This responsibility isn't just limited to touching lives, but being able to combine the anointing and God's grace on our lives with the…
If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. (Matt 4:3)
Those who blessed the world in all times, lived for something much more than what the average man lives for. They were truly in the world, but not of the world in their values and perspective.
Before Jesus actually began his earthly ministry, he was tested by the devil to turn the grace of God in his life, meant to save mankind into something for…