III. Toxic Emotions: Rejection – Session 16 - Part E-4a
5. Release from Rejection – Session 16 – Part E-4a
Do you want release from rejection? Take these four steps:
- First, accept God's love once and for all. You are accepted, not rejected. God the Father is the giver of every good and perfect gift. If it is not good and perfect, it is not from God.
- Second, you must get rid of all self-rejection. God is for you; who can be against you? Since God has accepted you, you must accept yourself.
- Third, do not let other people's rejection of you get to you. You must remember you do not have to receive the pain of rejection. We cannot stop people from rejecting us but can control how we react. Do not react by receiving the pain – you do not have to receive the rejection. It is the sin of idolatry because we are putting the actions or words of person above God's. God will never reject you because He loves you! He is the only One who can give you unconditional love.
- Fourth, we must repent for the sin of rejection. Quit believing the devil and his lies. We suggest that you pray through and accept the truth of what God thinks of you. You are the apple of His eye, the bride of Christ, the righteousness of God by faith, a son or daughter of God, the heir of all creation, known and planned before the foundation of the world, unique, and special. God has a place for you in the universe, and your place will, and already has, changed the future of the world.
Ephesians 1:4-12 says, "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved.”
Click here to review all the previous teachings of "Getting to The Root of Our Problem: Sickness."
Click here for PDF version of S16 PE-4a - 8-14-17
Dr. Dorothy E. Hooks